Cooking for Wellness - Spring 2021 Webinar Series
In response to the COVID-19 social distancing recommendations, we've temporarily suspended our popular Cooking for Wellness in-person classes.
- HFHL partners with the University of Minnesota Wellbeing Program to provide the Cooking for Wellness Webinars.
- UPlan employees and UPlan covered spouses are eligible to receive 50 Wellbeing points for each webinar attended - up to 300 Wellbeing points.
- ALL are welcome - Bring your friends, family, colleagues & co-workers - No need to have a University of MN affiliation!
- Cost: $10/webinar
- Location: All webinars are LIVE interactive cooking demonstrations. Zoom links will be provided in advance of the webinar.
- NEW THIS SPRING! - Cooking for Wellness with Twin Cities and Midwestern chefs Amalia Moreno-Damgaard, Jamal Hashi, Mimi Selam, and Fatiah & El Ali (Learn more and register on the events page!)
What you will learn:
Whether you are new to cooking or an accomplished cook looking for inspiration, there is something for everyone in these accessible, informative, and fun webinars. Culinary nutrition educator, Robin Schow, will share tips, tricks, and recipes intended to help you incorporate more plant-derived food into your dietary pattern with a special focus will be on ways to utilize local & seasonal produce and ingredients from a well-stocked pantry. Each webinar includes an interactive cooking demonstration and will follow a specific theme, e.g., Savoring Fall Flavors, Soup-Making 101, Celebration Cooking.
- Each interactive webinar is 1.25 hours long and will include information about basic nutrition, ingredient substitution, cooking techniques, storage, cooking oils, and more!
- Recipes and a list of kitchen tools needed to make the dish will be provided before each webinar. You will also receive links to useful resources to guide you on your home cooking journey.
Spring 2021 Webinar Offerings:
Spring Cooking Series - Spring/Summer Soup Making 101 with Regional Ingredients
In this webinar you will learn a variety of simple ways to enjoy the peak flavors of latte autumn through making delicious and comforting soups. Learn how to make two healthful soups for simple, nutritious meals in minutes using ingredients that have been sourced from Midwestern food producers.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - 4:45p - 6:00 pm - Registration Coming Soon
For questions or more information on these webinars, contact Robin Schow, Education Program Director of the Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Institute, [email protected] / 612-626-6425